Projected seeding is based on team ratings from TheRankerPit.com.
A few noteworthy difference with consensus projections from the Bracketology community (found at bracketmatrix.com)
- Kansas and Baylor are both consensus 1-seeds. Ratings from TheRankerPit.com indicate Kansas and Baylor may be a bit overrated.
- Meanwhile, I have West Virginia as a 1-seed. Just so happens West Virginia plays at Kansas tonight – how convenient. West Virginia won the first matchup 85-69 on Jan. 24.
- I have Wichita State moving up to a 2-seed – way higher than the consensus 10-seed. Wichita State’s rating is probably a bit inflated from all of the large scoring margins accomplished against their relatively weak conference competition.
- Most bracketologists are just now taking Indiana out of their projection. Indiana’s been out for a long time for me
- Prediction: Maryland will also eventually fall out of everyone else’s bracket. They’re not nearly as good as “everyone” thinks.
|16||UC Irvine||16||Eastern Wash.|
|12||Syracuse/Illinois St.||12||East Tenn. St.|
|14||Belmont||14||New Mexico St.|
|16||Texas Southern/Wagner||16||Sam Houston St./N.C. Central|
|5||St. Mary’s (CA)||5||Kansas|
|7||South Carolina||7||Iowa St.|