Projected seeding is based on team ratings from TheRankerPit.com.
A few noteworthy difference with consensus projections from the Bracketology community (found at bracketmatrix.com)
- Baylor has finally slipped to a consensus 2-seed. I’ve projected them as a 4- or 5-seed for weeks. Let’s see if they continue to slide as everyone’s perception of them catches up to how good they actually are
- Kansas is still a consensus 1-seed, but their team rating puts them at a 4-seed. According to the model’s ratings, West Virginia is the best team in the Big 12 and deserve the 1-seed.
- I have Wichita State as a 2-seed – way higher than the consensus 10-seed. Wichita State’s rating is probably a bit inflated from all of the large scoring margins accomplished against their relatively weak conference competition.
- Most bracketologists are just now taking Indiana out of their projection. Indiana’s been out for a long time for me
- Syracuse and Maryland are out. Xavier has slid considerably and is barely in, now.
|16||UC Irvine||16||Eastern Wash.|
|8||Texas Tech||8||Middle Tenn.|
|5||SMU||5||St. Mary’s (CA)|
|12||East Tenn. St.||12||Utah/TCU|
|14||New Mexico St.||14||Belmont|
|16||Texas Southern/Wagner||16||A&M-Corpus Chris/N.C. Central|
|6||Oklahoma St.||6||Notre Dame|
|10||Wake Forest||10||Miami (FL)|