Projected seeding is based on team ratings from TheRankerPit.com.
A few noteworthy differences with consensus projections from the Bracketology community (found at bracketmatrix.com)
- Baylor has finally slipped to a consensus 2-seed. I’ve projected them as a 4- or 5-seed for weeks. Let’s see if they continue to slide as everyone’s perception of them catches up to how good they actually are
- Kansas is still a consensus 1-seed, but their team rating puts them at a 4-seed. According to the model’s ratings, West Virginia is the best team in the Big 12 and deserve the 1-seed.
- I have Wichita State as a 2-seed – way higher than the consensus 10-seed. Wichita State’s rating is probably a bit inflated from all of the large scoring margins accomplished against their relatively weak conference competition.
- Xavier is a consensus 7-seed, but their slide in my ratings puts them as the last team in at a 12-seed
- Maryland is still a consensus 6-seed. Their loss last night to Minnesota at home supports my position for Maryland in the First Four Out. They’ve lost 4 of their last 6 games, which also supports my assertion of Maryland being one of the most overrated teams.
|16||Eastern Wash.||16||UC Irvine|
|15||New Mexico St.||15||Winthrop|
|16||Wagner/Texas Southern||16||A&M-Corpus Chris/N.C. Central|
|4||St. Mary’s (CA)||4||Purdue|
|6||Oklahoma St.||6||Notre Dame|
|11||Wake Forest||11||Kansas St.|
|10||East Tenn. St.||10||Marquette|