Pick the Champ First
- 18 of last 19 champs were a 1-, 2-, or 3-seed
- This year’s champ will probably be either Arizona, Kentucky, North Carolina, Oregon, UCLA, or Duke. To see why, check out my post about teams with championship DNA
Next Pick Your Final Four
- All four 1-seeds have made the Final 4 only once
- All four 1-seeds failed to reach the Final 4 only twice
- On average, the Final 4 consists of at least one 1-seed and only one team seeded 4 or worse
- On average, the Elite 8 consists of three 1-seeds, two 2-seeds, one 3-seed, and one team seeded lower than 5
- On average, 6 double digit seeds advance to the Second Round. The average over the last 10 years is 7 teams
- On average, 2 double digit seeds advance to the Sweet 16
- Never pick a 16-seed to beat a 1-seed
- Play it safe, and don’t pick a 15-seed to beat a 2-seed. It’s too rare to be worth the risk.
Enjoyed listening on the sports monster this morning…very interesting stuff.
Thanks, Robbie! I enjoyed talking to Bobby and Bud. They’re great! I plan on posting more tips and analysis. Wish me luck in my race against time 😉